Whetung Ojibwa Centre is located 160 kilometres northeast of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is easily accessible from east or west via Highways 401 (to 115) or 7.
From Peterborough, take Water Street North to Buckhorn Road to Curve Lake Road.
Travelling by boat? From Buckhorn Lake, dock on Coppaway Point, only a few minutes' walk from the Gallery.
PLEASE! Observe posted speed limits as you travel through Curve Lake!
Besides kids at play, the roads around here are often traversed by the wildlife abundant in the Kawarthas. Many species of birds and mammals can sometimes be seen around the gallery. You may also come across our indoor wildlife, as seen below, in more unusual locations.
- The Whetung Ojibwa Centre is wheelchair accessible
- Free Parking
- Visa, AMEX and Mastercard accepted
- World-wide shipping of your purchases available
- Guided tours for groups over 10, a fee applies
- Spring Open House in May
- Aboriginal Art Exposition in June
- Summer Art Festival in August
- Thanksgiving Open House in October
Links to tourist information and accomodations:More links